[6pack] Re: Oil Cooler... Was Broken Diff Mounts

To: acekraut11@aol.com
Subject: [6pack] Re: Oil Cooler... Was Broken Diff Mounts
From: forzion@maine.rr.com
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:01:12 -0500
Anyone ever taken a Mocal oil cooler thermostat apart? They make them
symmetrically so one cannot tell "top" from "bottom." Shall I assume
that that means there IS no top and bottom to such an oil cooler
thermostat? Inside the thermostat is a float and a large spring,
separated by an aluminum collar into which the spring nests on the one
side and the float fits-into on the other... When installing it, I was
wondering if it mattered which side was up AND if it mattered which
side faced the front and which faced the rear of the car. The part is
what TRF catalogs at TRFEL301 and can be seen here:

http://www.zeni.net/trf/TR6-250GC/44.php?s_wt=1280&s_ht=1024

Any top? bottom? front? back??

Thanks for any insights...

Dave Friedlander