[6pack] RE: Gas tank solution

To: patton@suscom-maine.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] RE: Gas tank solution
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:57:28 +0000
I think I will take the advice of a couple people and just use this tank
so i can drive my car.
i wanted to use this tank but wasn't quite sure how to address the two vent
pipe
problem.
i can't unscrew them and screw in a brass/steel 'plug'.
i have had a gas fume leak before (bad gasket for the float) and did not
want to ruin my chance of returning this tank by failing at some trail and
error methods.

i had considered the hose w/ a "t" fitting method <see below>...but at that
point i was still early
in my disappointment stage...now, i don't think i care and it seems to be
the best solution.
i will take Rick suggestion below.
also, the baffled tank is really a better design as many pointed out.

meanwhile, i will try to get my tank repaired (boiled and coated) and keep
as a good spare.
and figure a way to keep moisture out of the tank during storage of the
spare tank. (little salt packets from food items???)

thanks everybody for all the advice and tips.
and patience.

james

>I would suggest you connect them together with a piece of fuel
>hose. A tee in the middle of that hose would be equivalent to the center
>vent nipple. Vacuum caps tend to crack with age and the fuel line can be
>securely clamped.

Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the im Initiative now.
Its free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07