Re: [6pack] What made it perfect?

To: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] What made it perfect?
From: "Stuart Thompson" <stuartt@tlthompson.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:43:52 -0500
That sounds good but for me it was taking my 80 year old father (he has
macular degeneration) for a ride. He wasn't expecting me to come by so I
pulled up and tooted the trumpet horns. The rumble of my loud exhaust is
probably what woke him up. He came outside with a big smile and I said: "get
in dude, we going for a ride!"

We got up on the freeway and went across the bridge over the lake while
listening to the Moody Blues. My alpine cd player can easily be heard going
70+mph with the top down. The old man kept saying " how fast are we going
now?" We ended up at a pub on the lake and drank a few draft beers.
Afterward we cruised around the lake until he was ready to go home.

He called me later to say what a great time he had and how much fun it was
just riding in the TR6. He said it made him feel 40 years younger and wants
to go out again this weekend. I think we'll cruise on over to the all
British Car Show this Sunday here in Dallas at White Rock Lake.

Stuart

http://www.triumphowners.com/1069