[6pack] Gas Tank Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Gas Tank Question
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:41:16 -0700 (PDT)
Well, as Vance said, you should be able to use the new tank with two vents just
by blocking one off.  Since it won't be seen anyway it shouldn't be a problem.
I seem to recall somewhere that the later TR6s had the same tanks that were
used on the PI cars in England and that the PI cars needed two vents, one for
the fuel return line required by the PI setup and the other for the charcoal
canister vent.  I have Rick Patton's TBI EFI setup on my early (1970) car and
had to get Rick to modify the fuel sending unit bung so I could recirculate the
fuel from my TBI setup.  It would have been much easier if I my tank had been
built like this one.  Also, the baffle in the tank should be a real plus.  If
you do any "spirited" driving it will help alleviate any fuel shortage issues
due to centrifical force pulling the fuel in a nearly empty tank away from the
primary intake fuel line.

  Mike Lunsford