[6pack] Gas tank: what type per year?...anyone need a refurbished tank?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Gas tank: what type per year?...anyone need a refurbished tank?
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:27:13 +0000
Hello.

well, i drove up to Carlisle PA last weekend to get a refurbished gas tank,
sadly it has TWO vent
pipes and my 1976 tr6 only has one. is the tank i bought for a 1975 model? i
was told it was correct and for the late model. sadly, it isn't. now my car
has to sit out yet another week of british car week
for repairs. always something - huh? ;-)

well, given that - anyone have a lead on a 76 tr6 gas tank in EXCELLENT
condition...
i may try to have mine repaired...it is rusting inside at the bottom. still
solid from what i can tell...

also, i may have to sell the refurbished tank. anyone need one in the MD/DC
area?
at least it would save shipping costs to return it or sell it.

thanks,

james

PC Magazines 2007 editors choice for best Web mailaward-winning Windows
Live Hotmail.