Re: [6pack] 3 Wire Oil Pressure Switch Help

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] 3 Wire Oil Pressure Switch Help
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 21:29:47 -0400
Vance,
    When I check continuity (shorted) with the key off, I do not get
continuity on any pins. As stated in your response I should be seeing
continuity between the black and the Wh/Brn. When I turn the key On the oil
lamp lights and goes out when the car starts, not sure about the Brake fail
lamp,I'll check it tomorrow, but I never see the ALT light come on. It seems I
remember it would also come on when the key was turned On and go out once the
car started. Someone mentioned that the Alt light is somehow wired into the
oil pressure switch. I'll double check the oil pressure switch and order a new
one, but please let me know if I should be seeing the Alt light come on when
the key is turned to On.
Thanks Nick