RE: [6pack] new member

To: KingR44916@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [6pack] new member
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:51:28 +0000
i too have a 76 tr6.
headlights could be the switch.
sometimes (i had this issue) the switch gets hot, and melts the lubricating
grease.
this grease covers the contacts. not good. my headlights would crap out
WHILE driving
and it was about the time it took the grease to heat up and cover the
contacts.
luckily i had bright driving lights to use as a back up to get me home.

brake lights, look under the dash at the brake pedal.
there is a plastic switch to activate the brake lights.
also, check the contacts at the bulb.

i have some BMW brake switches that are awesome replacements for the tr6
brake switch.
if you need one - let me know.

cheers.

james

>From: KingR44916@aol.com

>just acquired a 76 tr6 and having electrical prpblems . the car seems to
>have
>set for a while .my ? now is that the brake light doesn't go off ,also
>can't
>get the headlights to go on any help is appreciated

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? Youll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507