[6pack] More flywheel woes and Q's

To: 6 Pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] More flywheel woes and Q's
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:36:18 -0700 (PDT)
It seems that TRF does not have any flywheels in stock
and would need 3-4 weeks with mine to turn it around.
Not an option - so I'm off to my local engine and
machine shop to have them install a new ring gear and
lighten it up some.

-  Is there anything special that I need to tell the
shop?  Is there a target weight to take off of a late
model TR6 flywheel?  I'm reading that taking 10 pounds
off seems to be the norm (from 28 to 18), but I don't
need to go crazy with it.

-  How important is balancing the flywheel as I don't
know for sure if the shop does this.  Is a TR6 engine
internally or externally balanced?  I've been asked
that question.

Thanks as usual,
Joe Merone
CF18928