RE: [6pack] Headlight question redux

To: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>, "6-Pack"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Headlight question redux
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:17:36 -0700
        John:

        OK. Sorry. <Ahem>. I will plead temporary insanity on that last
note. The devil made me do it. I was an abused child. I forgot to take
my medication, etc.

        To answer your question, the circuit that is fused is the "flash
to pass" circuit. Power for both the high and low beams is unfused, so
you are OK as far as swapping the wires to your headlight switch goes.

        The only thing that will not operate as before is the flash to
pass feature, which will now flash the low beams instead of the high
beams. To be honest, this is not a feature that the typical American
driver cares one whit about, as the guy in front of you is clueless as
to what it means when you flash your headlights. He probably thinks you
are being a jerk, and are angry about something that he has done.
Europeans on the other hand know exactly what it means when you pull up
behind them and flash your high beams.

        So other than that small detail, it looks like there are no
issues with swapping the wires. But remember: "Don't drive at night."

        Bwuh-hah-hah-haaaaaah!

        Vance