Low Oil Pressure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Low Oil Pressure
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:33:42 -0800 (PST)
Many thanks to Dick Taylor, Chuck Arnold, Bob Lang, Rick Patton and Kai Radicke
for their input on my low oil pressure question.  To summarize their
recommendations as they apply to my problem It looks like I have a problem with
the machine shop tolerances.  Unfortunately with my lack of machine shop
knowledge, micrometers and etc I didn't check the tolerances on the reground
crank (.010), the resized rods and the main bearings.  I will be dropping the
pan and buying a lot of plastigauge to check these.  If they are within
tolerance then the only other possibility is cam bearing tolerances.  I have no
cam bearings so this possibility relates to worn cam journals.  Obviously I
will check all of the easier solutions (oil gauge, rocker screw missing, etc)
before I go for the really hard stuff.  Wish me luck and thanks again to this
list for all the great ideas.

  Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6