Re: Robbins top

To: jlumia@ball.com (Lumia, John)
Subject: Re: Robbins top
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:20:21 -0700
John---My last "Robbins" top, purchased in Aug., '00 has a code date at
the bottom left zip-down window, shown as 6-7-00. It is also marked with
a DOT #240. Along with these is the embossing "ULTRA-LITE-BUV'", with
the admonition to "not rub dry--use a water-soaked cloth".
Interestingly, there is nothing showing a Robbins mfg.  I dug out the
paperwork, and it does show it to be a Robbins top. "On sale" for $199.
I didn't install this myself.

Dick

From:
jlumia@ball.com(Lumia, John)

I have just bought a Robbins top from one of the big three to replace
the old Robbins top already on the car. My old top has "Robbins" etched
into the driver side rear window along with some govt safety info, but
the new one just has the govt safety info. Anyone out there that bought
a new Robbins top recently with the same experience?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for installing the top, as mine
came without instructions. Thanks.
John Lumia - 76 TR6
Louisville, CO