Oil Cooler

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Cooler
From: "Steve Kirsis" <sakirsis@consolidated.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:43:17 -0600
Thanks for the response on cleaning out the fins on the oil cooler radiator.
everyone suggests cleaning from the engine side out. There is just not enougth
room to work it this way. What if I just take a light paint brush and work
solvent through the fins, letting the solvent drip into a bucket below,
loosening all the junk, then put a towel behind the radiator as there is
enougth room for that and with a little air pressure blow out the gunk from
the front. Any drawbacks? I have about 3/4 of an inch between the coolant
radiator and oil cooler. Steve Kirsis, CF 52092.