Re: Oil Cooler

To: "Steve Kirsis" <sakirsis@consolidated.net>,
Subject: Re: Oil Cooler
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:32:48 +0000
From: "Steve Kirsis" <sakirsis@consolidated.net>

> Has anyone found an easy way to clean out the oil cooler vents? Looked at
>mine yesterday and they need a scrubbing. Don't want to damage the vents.
If you are talking about the oil cooler radiator itself, I have found that a
relatively gentle stream from a garden hose (no nozzle, use your thumb), from
the engine side of the cooler to the grill side, is capable of safely removing
a lot of accumulated debris without damage to the cooler. Once it is clean, you
might want to consider putting some non metallic screening over the openings in
the front valence to help keep it free of junk.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 Cf22767U
Highland Park, IL