RE: tube shock conversion - you want a cracked frame?

To: "Ryan Van Luchene" <dejabuzzed@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tube shock conversion - you want a cracked frame?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:48:05 -0800
        Ryan:

        I have not personally done this modification; However, I
remember
reading that that the frame cracking was caused by improper setup;
The suspension must bottom out on the rubber bump stop, and not on
the shock. As I recall if the shock bottoms out then there is a
twisting moment applied to the frame, and it will crack. If the
suspension bottoms out on the rubber bump stop, there is no
twisting moment, and the frame will stay healthy.
        At least, that is what I remember reading. The usual caveats
apply...

        Vance