Re: TR6 Rear Shock Absorber Link Stuck

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Shock Absorber Link Stuck
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:54:50 -0700
Thanks everyone for the help. Yes I did have to remove the shock. Most
people said to support the shock arm as close to the bolt as possible, leave
the nut on flush with the end of the bolt (thanks for that tip) and
"smartly" hit the bolt. Well that didn't move anything after a few wacks,
but when I beat the crap out of it, it did finally come loose without
bending the shock arm. As hard as I had to beat on it I think I would have
really screwed things up without having the nut still on the bolt. The
rebound stop was sliced into from the top down, glad I ordered a replace for
that also. Suspect the previous owner hit something with the rear tire
pretty good at one time. I had noticed the outer trailing arm mounting
bracket was bowed as well when I replaced them and the bushings.

Now that I have the shock off, I remember some discussion about oil in
there. What level should it be at and if I need to add some what? I checked
the manual and didn't anything under suspension or Maintenance.

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U