Re: TR6 Rear Shock Absorber Link Stuck

To: Marty Clark <marty.tr6@gmail.com>, 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Shock Absorber Link Stuck
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:04:13 -0800 (PST)
Hey Marty,

That makes sense enough, the method I used was a suggestion from the list.

1. I loosened the nut that holds but didn't remove it completely.

2. I Backed up the shock lever arm with a hunk of steel that weighs several
pounds. (The middle part of my jack stands)

3. Pushing against the metal that is backing up the arm, I Gave the nut a
'smart' rap with my favorite tool -- the 3 lb sledge.

Popped right out, I think impact works better than force in this case...

Good luck!

Kendall
San Clemente, CA

 I've tried a hammer but don't want to hit