Repairing convertible top frame

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Repairing convertible top frame
From: "Campsmith, Michael" <mgc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:03:05 -0500
Dear List-ers:

The convertible top frame on my TR6 has suffered through the years, and
now most pivot points are held together with nuts and bolts rather than
the original rivets.

Has anyone had their top frame refurbished by someone they can
recommend?  Ideally this could be a drop off in the Atlanta area but I
am willing to ship if I get the desired result.

Another suggestion was that a machine shop could fabricate rivets and do
the job.  Any thoughts on going that route?

Many thanks.

Michael Campsmith
1974 TR6 (now BRG)