RE: Followup to my the "trick question"

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Followup to my the "trick question"
From: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 04:59:11 +0000
The interior is apart on my (brother's) 73, so this is looking in from the
passenger compartment. The little canister thingie is on the drivers side
bolted above the tank and the rubber tube goes into the tank, not into the
filler neck. The lid does open away from the drivers side, making fill-up
from that side easiest. I'd think that's the right way for the lid to be
positioned, and you'd probably want it to just be right. On my 69, the lid
doesn't latch, and does flip right up, hinge towards the rear window. A
seemingly simple design.

good luck,
Sloane :)