Followup to my the "trick question"

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Followup to my the "trick question"
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 23:04:32 -0500
Thanks to all that have replied.  I really appreciate all your insight.

So everyone can know, I have a November 1971 TR6 (CC77169).  In the trunk of
my car, there is a small canister that is attached to the rear passenger's
side fender.  Part of the emissions system.  This canister is connected via
a tube to a nipple on the filler neck.  This nipple is screwed on the filler
neck.  If I orient the filler cap so the hinge is on the passenger's side,
the nipple hits the body and makes it nearly impossible to attach a rubber
line.

On the other hand, if I move the hinge towards the driver's side the nipple
faces forward and there is no obstruction.  Somebody mentioned that on '69
TR6's, the hinge faces towards the FRONT of the car.  I did try the hinge
towards the REAR.  This did not work because the trunklid would hit.
HOWEVER,  with the hinge towards the FRONT, the trunklid does not hit.
Hmmmm..  I guess I could try that approach.

I was just trying to get an idea what is the 'proper' way to orient the cap.
I know, I'm being anal - I just wanted to get some ideas!

Joe