Re: Concours Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Concours Question
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:22:17 -0000
Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:

> Well  they are already "rust" ... but the Judges at the Serrano Concours
> said "any visible rust" requires a deduction ...

Which just goes to show that the judges probably haven't got a clue about
original factory finish!!!! All TR's I drove, while still smelling of
upholstery glue and new paint, always had either rusty manifolds or paint
still in the process of burning off them. They were like this in the vehicle
transit parks and long before they even got shipped out of the country or
delivered to UK dealers.

Jonmac