Re: Concours Question

To: acekraut11@aol.com
Subject: Re: Concours Question
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:05:37 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 acekraut11@aol.com wrote:

> Darrell wrote:
>
> Where one
> might run into trouble is if they sprayed it with Hi Temp silver
> paint.  We know they were not like that.
>
> OOPS!

I'm pretty sure that the CF cars came with a silverish coating when new.
If it wasn't silver, it was white. Def. a brighter color.

I'll bet if you look really closely at the sales brochures that have the
picture of the engine compartment (I think these were the ones with Alan
Alda on 'em) you might be able to make out the color of the exhaust
manifold.

But I still think thick/shiney powdercoat looks wrong for a concours
Triumph.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx