RE: Hardtop Prep

To: Sean OBrien <saob_100@yahoo.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hardtop Prep
From: Bob Fabie <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:40:43 -0400 (EDT)
I purchased an OEM hardtop for my '75 two years ago. It was the same color as
my car and it was in excellent condition.  It came with all original hardware.
The glass and headliner were perfect. It needed nothing. I paid $950. I drove
six hours round trip to pick it up.

I recommend that you consider doing the same because the cost/time/labor
associated with restoring/repainting  may well exceed the cost of buying one in
the color and condition that you want.

Following Fred Thomas' suggestion, I simply limited my search to within a
distance that I was willing to drive. It worked for me. As Randall often
states, YMMV.

Bob