Clutch MC Rebuild

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch MC Rebuild
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:33:47 -0400
Hi List,

Since I have been through about everything else in the car except the
clutch MC and slave cylinder and I am having a little more difficulty
shifting the gearbox I am wondering about the experience of the list in
rebuilding these components.  When my brake MC started leaking I tried
first to rebuild it with absolutely no success.  Granted my MC was
pitted below the tipping valve and I am  sure that was causing my
problem I still wonder if people have had success with rebuilding or if
it is just throwing away good money on nothing.  I realize that my
shifting problem may not be related to the clutch MC and slave cylinder
but a OD conversion is in the works in the not too distant future so I
am not as concerned about that as a source of the problem.  Also, it
looks as though at least one of the seals in the MC is deteriorating
since the fluid is cloudy and the level was down about a half inch.

Your thoughts and advice ARE greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)