RE: rear bumpers

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: rear bumpers
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:07:13 -0400
>I have a 1974.5 car, and it has the bumper badge and nothing on
>the rear valence. The problem with all of this is that cars can be
>registered as one model year, and be built in another. Then your DPO may
>mix and match parts so that nothing makes sense.

Happens all the time, as you say. At some point before I bought my
car it was hit in the front and now has the later Mylar sticky "TR6"
on the grill rather than the proper cloisonne enamel badge.

At least I still have the "recall reflectors" on the rear below the
taillamps. Try finding those sometime; fugedaboutit.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (28 year owner)