RE: WooHoo! Mallory....

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WooHoo! Mallory....
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:23:35 -0700
        Dick, Shannon:

        I would add one caveat to all of this -

        Make sure that the vacuum retard is actually working when you
set the timing. Most of the vacuum capsules long ago ceased to function,
as the innards dry out and toss their cookies.
        This is why I have taken to telling people "Set the timing to
10BTDC with the retard disconnected, THEN reconnect the retard". This is
because if the retard capsule is dead, you still end up with the correct
baseline timing.

        Cheers,

        Vance