BRG and the TRials

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: BRG and the TRials
From: "mjmullin@juno.com" <mjmullin@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:29:38 GMT
Jerry:
I just had a MG Midget SCCA racer here in Cinci email me and ask for BRG paint
codes (I painted his car the same color as mine years ago, and it seems he got
into his first wreck recently), and here's what I passed along:
I used PPG products, and their 45102 is the Triumph BRG from '75-'76.  For my
car, I mixed that 50/50 with 44524, which is listed as a Jag/TVR/Lotus
color....it's pretty dark.  I was trying to go for a color that was "bright"
but "dark".  In the paint shop, we used to spray out test colors on 1'x1'
peices of sheet metal.....it's a lot better than trying to hold up those little
paint chips in the color catalogs to your car!  You can take 'em outside and
look at them in the sun, etc.
The paint shop also indicated that PPG 44524 Alternate 1 was a close match to
the formula as above.  Conifer (aka "TRG" pre-'69) was pretty drab and olive in
color, and the Laurel and Emerald are way lighter than any BRG.
Regarding TRials chatter on the list, I believe that there's a Cinci group
departing Wednesday morning for the Biltmore, and another group leaving
Thursday morning going direct to Little Switzerland.  Let me know if folks
coming from points north are looking to caravan, and I'll hook you up with the
respective "cruise directors".  It should be fun!!!!!
Matt Mullin
6-PACK Chairman