RE: Brake Booster ...

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Booster ...
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:13:11 -0700
        Bill:

        With the engine off, pump the brakes a few times to bleed off
residual vacuum. Then depress and hold the brake pedal with light to
moderate pressure. Start the engine. The pedal should immediately move
down a very noticeable amount as the vacuum boost engages. If it doesn't
move, or barely moves, the booster is bad.

        Vance