Bonnet/hood alignment vs squeak

To: harry15@mindspring.com
Subject: Bonnet/hood alignment vs squeak
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:13:17 -0400
Harry White wrote:
>I have a squeak in the bonnet, among other personal problems ;-)
>I have discovered that it's on the aft edge of the bonnet on the
>passenger side, where the hood meets the body, right behind/aft of the
>rubber cone bumper where the rubber seal strip lies over the vertical
>lip of sheet metal on the body proper.
>Looking for some distilled wisdom regarding the sequence of hood
>alignment, which bolts to loosen, etc.

Harry -
   Don't touch your bonnet until you check your hood prop rod.
It is probably rubbing against the metal bracket that it runs
through when the bonnet goes up and down.  Look for a shiny
spot on the prop rod and (temporarily) put a piece of electrical
tape on that spot - I'll wager your squeak will go away.

>Thanks,
>Harry

You're welcome.
Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH/ Highland, NY