Re: Question about Mallory Dizzy install

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about Mallory Dizzy install
From: "Jim S." <aztvr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
I don't think it matters either.  However, as the CSO
(Confused Subsequent Owner) of many British vehicles
over the years, I like to keep things as standard as
possible.  I'd recommend installing it in such a way
as to have the plug wires be where they would normally
be in the stock set-up, if at all possible.

Jim

--- Shannon Muncy <shannon.muncy@....> wrote:
 Hello everyone,

 As in a post I started a few days ago, I decided to
 get a Mallory Unilite distributor ... My distributor
is in, and I'm reading the
 instructions about installing my drive dog on the new
Mallory and I get
 confused.  The instructions mention nothing about the
orientation
 of the drive dog in relation to the rotor.

 My question:  Is the orientation from the drive dog
 to the rotor important?  It seems to me that where
ever the new
 drive dog is installed, I can always compensate by
moving the
 plug wires on the cap and/or turning the dizzy.  Does
this seem right?

 Thanks for any advice,
 Shannon

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs