Question about Mallory Dizzy install

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Question about Mallory Dizzy install
From: Shannon Muncy <shannon.muncy@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:34:34 -0400
Hello everyone,

As in a post I started a few days ago, I decided to get a Mallory
Unilite distributor and convert my tach to electronic using the
expertise of APT Instruments (www.gaugeguys.com).

My distributor is in, and I'm reading the instructions about
installing my drive dog on the new Mallory and I get confused.  The
instructions mention nothing about the orientation of the drive dog in
relation to the rotor.

My question:  Is the orientation from the drive dog to the rotor
important?  It seems to me that where ever the new drive dog is
installed, I can always compensate by moving the plug wires on the cap
and/or turning the dizzy.  Does this seem right?

Thanks for any advice,
Shannon

72 TR6