Hard start hot

To: "'Triumph 6 Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard start hot
From: "John North" <jnorth@novagate.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:25:48 -0400
When the engine's hot, starting is a pain.   With the engine hot, and the
car having sat for a couple minutes, I hold the gas pedal to the floor, spin
the starter, gradually the engine begins to catch, after 10-15 seconds of
cranking, maybe it reaches a point where the engine will turn without the
starter, and off we go.   If the car has been sitting for a 5-10 minutes, no
amount of cranking will start it.   Leave it 10 - 15 minutes and it starts
first time, no problem.

Is this about heat creating a vapor lock in the fuel line?   Any solutions?

John North