RE: Rear Valance Color

To: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Rear Valance Color
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:17:59 -0600
>===== Original Message From "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net> =====
>Hi to all:
>
>Could someone please tell me the "correct" gloss of black to be used on the
>rear valance?  Also, does it go from the where the back edge of the trunk
>changes to vertical and then down until the valance curves back out near the
>bottom curved portion?  My 70 TR6 is being painted and the painter needs to
>know what to use.  I am sure the answer must be in the archives; but, I
>usually have trouble finding the answer there.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Andy
>70 TR6
>Renton, WA

Andy,

My painter used a product called "Trim Black". It's a very nice flat black. I
can't tell you for sure if it's the correct black or not. I'm pretty sure the
area that I paintd black is correct though. This link will take you to a pic
of the car during re-assembly, with no bumper or anything to get in the way of
the Kamm tail.

http://www.loseke.net/shawn/finished_paint_-_reassembly/0000_005.jpg

Like I said, don't know if it's correct, but I like it.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)
http://www.triumphowners.com/690  (1980 TR8)