Re: Which engine....?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which engine....?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:06:48 -0700
Mike---I would agree with those who claim that the later engine is the
better choice, and the stated reasons for this.
I would include the later camshaft, as well. The early cam (other than
the PI engine)  had the 10-50-50-10 design, which doesn't lend itself
for the better breathing.
Since you like to make changes in your TR6 (throttle body injection,
etc) how about "building" one of these and keeping the other one stock?

Dick

Mike L. wrote:
to rebuild
Ok, I admit it, I've become wishy washy. I can't decide which of the two
engines I have to rebuild to replace the ailing one in 1970 TR 6. Given
that matching numbers aren't that important to me I am seeking the
collective wisdom of the 6 pack net. I have an engine that I think came
from a 1970 TR 6 SN CC 65,XXX and a later engine that I think came from
a 73 or 74 TR 6 CF 13,XXX. Everything else being equal which of the two
would be the better engine to rebuild and what are the difference? TIA.
Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6 (Throttle Body