Re: Booster Hose?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Booster Hose?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:18:45 -0700
Bill---Using a coupling to join two hoses is not necessarily a bad thing
to do. The coupling should be secure enough as to not leak vacuum, and
is easily tested. The wall thickess of these hoses is very stout. When
they fail, it's usually from brittleness at the ends, making removal and
re-installation difficult.
30 inches is a bit long, so you may want to trim off an inch or two, for
neater routing. I kept an extra inch so I could later trim it again, in
about twenty years!

Dick

Bill wrote:
Hi listers,
                Is the vacuum hose from
the manifold to the servo booster supposed to be in two pieces?? Moss
shows one hose 30 inches long. I have two (2) black/yellow stripe hoses
joined with a brass coupling pipe.
                I ask this because I
have been having booster problems, and when I replaced the two piece
hose with a new single one the booster problems went away. I am afraid
my DPO has again sacrificed safety for "correctness".
Thanks for your wisdoms
--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L