RE: Bleeding clutch slave

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bleeding clutch slave
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:36:35 -0700
        John:

        You can bleed it before hand if you attach it to the mounting
bracket before you bleed it.
The mounting bracket can be attached to the engine after it is in. It is
not a simple proposition,
however.
        You will need to make some provision to keep the piston from
popping out of the slave while
you are bleeding it, and it would be best if you could bleed it with the
piston in its final
operating position. Otherwise, you may find you fluid reservoir goes dry
or overflows the first time
you use the clutch, because the piston will move to a different resting
position than the position
it was bled in. This in turn will change the amount of fluid the system
needs.
        If it were me, I would just bleed it after the engine is in and
the clutch slave is
fully installed. But that's me.

        Vance