RE: TR 6 Mystery Wheel

To: "Robert G. Pindell" <pinderg@sbcglobal.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR 6 Mystery Wheel
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:52:01 -0600
>===== Original Message From "Robert G. Pindell" <pinderg@sbcglobal.net> =====
>My PO installed alloy wheels with a bolt-on center splined hub.
>I am concerned about spline wear, but don't know the origin
>(seller or manufacturer) of the setup to buy a new wheel center,
>if available.
>A photo of the wheel is posted at www.geocities.com/pinderg/wheel .
>Perhaps someone in the group can identify the wheel and origin.

>Thanks in advance,

>Bob
>
>73 BRG

Those appear to be knock off sport wheels that Moss sells.
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29891

If the splines are worn then you really need to check the wheel to. Splines
and wheels should be replaced as units. Otherwise one will just cause the
other to prematurely wear.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)