Re: Harmonic Balancer

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harmonic Balancer
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:09:05 -0700
John---Assuming the TDC mark is correct, you can use a degree wheel to
pick up and then transfer the numbers to the new balancer. The seven
inch wheel Moss Motors sells for degreeing in a cam should be close
enough to work well. Then it's just a matter of how fancy you want to
get. There are numbering tools (Harbor Freight) that can be used to
stamp them on, and a hacksaw  to draw the "lines".

Dick

John wrote:
I switched my worn out 1974 1/2 inch balancer for brand new earlier 3/8
inch and changed everything out. It works perfect but the later balancer
had all the timing marks and numbers machined into it and the new one
just has the TDC mark on it. Does anyone know of a timing tape or anyway
to acuratly get those marks on the new balancer?