Wire wheels

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net, 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire wheels
From: salva57@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:47:15 -0400
When I put my car on the road I went with chrome wire wheels (cause I like em),
with tubeless tires (cause it's practical), from Dayton wheels and Tire Rack
respectively. They have been on 5 years now and drove about 500 miles per year
on average ( I know ) meaning the car sits around a lot especially in the
winter here in the northeast. So far they have held up very well without any
vibrations at all even at higher speeds ( knock on wood steering wheel ), I do
have sort of a lead foot sometimes. The key is not to overtighten them which is
a common tendency since the nut will keep turning if you keep hammering hard
enough, which eventually also ruins the splined hubs from distortion. Still
happy with them.

Sal Vespertino
www.triumphowners.com/381