RE: monza

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: monza
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:38:53 -0400
Hi Dwayne:

I agree with Joe about the header:sport system sound. I have a 6:1 header on my
TR6. I liked the weight reduction. Compared to my old Ansa system it was a much
more bearable sound level. I noticed no performance issues in the Ansa vs.
Falcon. Eventually though, even the Falcon sound became irritating on the
highway, so I inserted a couple of motorcycle baffles in the midsection of the
piping to the mufflers. Really mellowed out the sound without making it sound
like a Honda Civic. Strangely enough this did not seem to hit the performance
perceptibly. The car still is very peppy.

The Falcon system is effectively a straight-through muffler. If not for the
angled tailpipes, you could see straight through the muffler. The piping
diameter is larger than the Ansa system. Actually there are a couple of thin
neck joints on the Ansa that gave me confidence to put in the baffles
(JCwhitney) on the Falcon that really helped the sound a lot.

There are a couple of tricks to installing the Falcon. You need to install a
cross-strut between the frame members to hold it. I believe the install manual
calls for drilling the boot floor. This is unnecessary. With a simple bit of
angle iron, or 90-degree bend holed flatbar from Home depot, the job is quick
and simple and uses existing holes in the frame to give a much nicer and
stronger installation. I can shoot some pictures if you need them for a
reference.

Cheers,

Mark
72 TR6