Re: Sway bar bushings

To: jmitch@snet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sway bar bushings
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:06:41 -0500
John,

Here is the recipe.  Heat some water up in a pan on the stove.  Have
the sway bar handy.  Drop in the bushings, give them a few minutes to
heat up and soften.  Remove them safely and place slide them over the
sway bar.  Suprisingly they are not to hot to touch very shortly after
removing them from the water though I had a pair of gloves handy.  The
urethane will be pliable and will bend enough to fit over the ends of
the sway bar.  You might want to have the sway bar marked for where the
bushings will end up.  This method worked for me.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108