Re: TR6 1/2 shaft/now BRAKES

To: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 1/2 shaft/now BRAKES
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:48:45 -0800
Thanks Ted ... Duhhh came off very easily.
        Next problem ... I put the brake back on the trailing arm
just to keep it out of the way, and decided that this might be a good
time to bleed the rear brakes.  I used a MityVac, but all I got was
bubbles and clear fluid from the first one ... which surprised me as
the master cylinder reservoir had Purple Dot 5 in it (DPO  told me
the whole system was new with Dot 5).  Not having much success I
tried the  other rear brake and got even less  fluid, but when I
released the  bleed screw I could hear a "gurgling"  from the front
of the car and  very little fluid (clear)  came out but a lot of
bubbles, the MityVac went to zero vacuum very quickly.  I am
beginning  to believe I have a serious problem, but there are no
leaks in the system that I  can find ... I  would think  that if it
is leaking air, then it must leak fluid ... I  decided to stop and
ask the  experts for help ...

HELP!!!!!

--
Bill Pugh