Re: Gas in sump

To: JAR7U@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu, dncullig@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Gas in sump
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:23:58 EST
Honest Injun Guys.  I discovered the leaking crab by simply removing the air
box and finding the throat of the front crab was wet after the Six had been
parked for a couple of weeks with a full tank of gas. It filled the entire sump
above the dipstick hole. Slow drip right down the cylinder walls and into the
sump. Yes, I was shocked! This was after I replaced the fuel pump and changed
the oil once I noticed the drop in oil pressure thinking that was the source
of the gas in the sump. It ran fine all the while since the leak was slow I
suspect. My head problems could also be related to that trip home from the
Trials
in Little Switzerland when I lost around 3 quarts of oil due to a small leak
in the oil pressure gauge line. Pressure went to almost zero around curves but
I got a bonus "chassis oil spray."
Darrell