Rear end Twitch/Sway bar discussion

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear end Twitch/Sway bar discussion
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 05:39:18 -0800 (PST)
Just for the sake of discussion and noting that my experiences with my TR 6
don't necessarily reflect those of others I thought I would comment on this
issue.  I did a frame off resto, which included reenforcing the diff mounts and
all new poly bushings in all of the running gear and still have the twitch.  I
currently have 205 X 55 X 16 (205 X 65 X 16 would have been better) with
Panasport wheels and still have the twitch.  There was a sort of concensus from
past discussions of this issue on the list that this was just an inherent trait
of the 6s IRS rear suspension.  If it's not I would like to know how to correct
it since every time I really get on it from 2nd to 3rd I still get the twitch.
It's not a real problem but it still gets my attention when it happens.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6