Re: Something found on Ebay..Opinions

To: 6pack list <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Something found on Ebay..Opinions
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:07:12 -0500
>>     "I am haveing the part requoted at a different shop out of steel. The
>> price break is after 25 pcs. I am shooting for $60 or under. At first it is
>> going to be more expensive. As I add on orders this price will drop. If I do
>> go forward I may set the price by auction and see what people are willing to
>> pay."
>
> Let's see, $60 for a $5 part. Hmmmmm.

I'm not by any means advocating for the production of this part, but I do
want to point out that TRF has (or had) the aluminum replacement in stock
for about $30.00. Of course, in the interest of disclosure, it was a POS and
I finally used the old original (and it still leaks).

Peter
'68 TR250 (in hibernation till the snow, ice, and salt are memories)