really tight vertical links

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: really tight vertical links
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:47:06 EST
Hi folks,
I've installed the front suspension with the exception of the hubs and
wheels.  I was shocked to discover that after I removed the spring
compressor, I could hardly move the vertical link assembly back and forth (as
in steering the car).  I re-compressed the spring, and when the spring was
loaded, the suspension moved through its normal axis smooth enough, although
somewhat tight.  I don't have the steering rack in, but without a doubt,
there is no way that I could turn the wheels with the steering wheel without
the springs being loaded up.  I recall being able to easily move the wheels
through their full range of motion with the car jacked up before. Have I done
something terribly wrong?
Joe Davis