Re: Shifting

To: res0s0t7@verizon.net (Gary Fluke)
Subject: Re: Shifting
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:15:14 -0800 (PST)
Gary---Thanks for the briefing on the "non-constant mesh" feature of
(for one) the TR6 transmission.  Other than replacing an end bearing,
seals, and shifter O-rings, there is a lot I don't know about
transmissions. However, I was surprised at Swarthout's description of
what he felt was happening here.

Eventually I'll have to find out how this all happens myself, as the
miles rolled past three hundred thou., and major work here is imminent.
First, I have to see if the recently rebuilt differential is going to
stay together, without protest!  Also, thanks here to Berry and Bob for
sharing some of their experience in this matter.

Dick