RE: Seats

To: "'YeOldEd@aol.com'" <YeOldEd@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Seats
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:53:56 -0800
    Mike:

    It never ceases to amaze me how the "experts" can mess up.
Makes me feel a little better when I do it myself, and make a
small mistake and find myself wishing I had paid someone to do
it for me.
    My experience was very similar. The DPO on my TR6 had the
interior completely redone at some point. The seats were so
uncomfortable that I redid them myself, mistakes and all.
    What I found really stunned me; The upholsterer had removed
the seat diaphragms, and replaced them with a pop riveted vinyl
sheet, which looked like an old shower curtain! Needless to say
it had torn out long ago, so the DPO had propped up the bottom
of the seat with some 1"x2" wooden slats. No wonder my butt hurt.
    At least with a pro, if there is a mistake made, you have
recourse. I only have myself to blame when my current seats fall
apart.

    Ciao,

    Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6