[Fwd: TR6 Aluminum hubs survey #3]

To: 6pack <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: TR6 Aluminum hubs survey #3]
From: Chuck Arnold <Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:42:08 -0800
Here is some info on aluminum hubs for the TR6 for anyone who is
interested in lessening weight and improving strength of the front hubs.

Chuck
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:12:29 -0600
To: Chuck Arnold <Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com>
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Aluminum hubs survey #3

At 08:40 AM 2/26/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a source for aluminum front hubs for the TR6?
>Thanks,
>Chuck

There have been several questions recently about availability of aluminum
hubs. They were available from Cambridge in GB two years ago for something
over $500 for a pair, plus you have to have studs installed and purchase
bearings. Ted Schumacher is also a possible source. Contact him for price
and availability.

I coordinated two mass purchases of aluminum hubs for TR3-4-250-6. These
hubs included any size stud you want, uprated Timken bearings, lip seal to
replace the steel and metal affair, and hub caps. In run quantities of
about 30, the price for the above kit came in at slightly less than $400.
I've had them on my car for two seasons. They are terrific.Take a look at
Tony's website,

www.tonydrews.com

and follow the link to Jack's Parts to see what they look like. I did the
internet surveys and collected customer info for the machine shop,
non-profit for me so please don't anybody bitch about the commercial nature
of this message. The first two runs are sold out and more will be made on a
demand basis.

If everyone who is interested in purchasing some will email me by March 7,
I'll collect the potential customer list, coordinate getting a quote for
another batch with the machine shop, and l'll email you info on price and
delivery. Feel free to email me with questions.

Also, would someone please pass this message along to the 6 Pack list?

Thanks!

uncle jack

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Chuck.Arnold.vcf]