RE: Carb Adjustment

To: "'mbullard'" <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Carb Adjustment
From: Walt Philipson <WaltP@Anspach.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:04:59 -0500
Nothing on an LBC is obvious!

-----Original Message-----
From: mbullard [mailto:mbullard@hawaii.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 10:11 PM
To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Adjustment

Listers,

I've received the carb adjustment tool but I can't seem to get the mixture
right.  I have sync'd both carbs, and get it to idle just fine but when I
give it gas, it sounds horrible. Bogs, stalls, uneven just sounds horrible.

Additionally, when I give it the adjustment test by placing a screwdriver in
the carb and lifting the plunger 1/4 inch, the front carb does okay but the
back carb completly stalls.  According to the Buckeye site, this means that
it is running to lean but when I remove the plugs they are black, suggesting
it is too rich.

I am so confussed.  Sorry to bug you all with something that may be so
obvious but I can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Mark Bullard
Kailua, HI