RE: Carb Adjustment

To: "Walt Philipson" <WaltP@Anspach.com>,
Subject: RE: Carb Adjustment
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:58:30 -0800
It sounds a lot like there is a lot of "extra" gas getting through the
back carb.  Have you re-built the carbs?  It may be time to do a complete
rebuild, including needles.  You might check the float bowls to make sure
that the float valve is not sticking open or is adjusted to high (or is it
low, I never can keep that straight) allowing to much fuel in the bowl.
While you're there make sure the floats aren't gas-logged and sinking
which then allows to much fuel in.  Is the choke closing all the way?  Are
all of the various hoses hooked up and good (mine had all kinds of leaks)
or the ports that should have hoses ports plugged?

My problem is the other way around my plugs have variable color within
each "group of three." they range from light brown to dirty white, but the
engine runs smooth, passes the "lift" test, doesn't overheat and gets ok
gas mileage.  Like Walt said nothing is obvious.

Steve Hanselman